Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



I woke up last week craving black bottoms and pulled out the recipe for them, but somehow got diverted and ended up baking these bars, from pinterest of course. My laziness did play a factor in the decision, I didn't have cream cheese, vinegar or more than 1 egg on hand and really didn't want to drive to the store. I love when I have all of the ingredients for a random bake session.

I LOVE malt and have kept it on hand for the past couple of months to mix with skim milk - much better for me than having malted milkshakes! I also love the gooey factor that cookie bars provide, so this recipe sounded like the perfect activity for me to take on today. Remy agreed as my craving increased throughout the morning as I waited for the butter to come to room temp :)

Malted Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (slightly adapted from buns in my oven)
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate malted milk powder
1 tablespoons chocolate syrup/fudge topping
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips( I use a mix of chunks, mini chips, regular chips and jumbo, I also used white chips which I would not do again, they aren't melty enough for these!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, and vanilla for 2 minutes. Beat in the egg until well combined.

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine.

Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix well.

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Press the cookie dough into the dish.

Bake for 28-30 minutes.

Cool in the pan on a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment