Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Freezer Smoothie Packs


Well, here is another idea from pinterest! I am trying to come up with quick, healthy foods for me to eat and freezer bag smoothies is so obvious yet nothing I thought of doing until it was placed in front of my eyes. You can buy any fruits and just portion them into baggies then add milk! I actually decided to go with light soy vanilla milk because I heard that it has a creamier consistency. And since a carton of that is good for much longer than regular old milk, you don't have to worry about making these all at once.


I made 8 packs using 30 oz frozen strawberries, 12 oz frozen raspberries and 4 bananas. It equaled out to about 1/4 cup raspberries, 7 strawberries and 1/2 banana per baggie. I added about 1 cup milk and blended until smooth.

I also bought frozen, shredded coconut to add in when I feel like it. These are fun because you can do so many different combos and they are so easy to throw together.

No comments:

Post a Comment