Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Black and White Chocolate Chippers



Well, If you follow me on pinterest you know that I pin a lot of things. I usually start on the home decor board, wander to the womens apparel and the DIY boards and then end up at fitness. I get really motivated to eat clean and exercise, and then I visit the food board. I realize that really I should visit food first and fitness last, but it just never happens that way! And pinterest is the place to find some amazing looking things to stuff your face.

I've been craving sweets and so I dug into my pinboards and baked up a storm. I started with these cookies. They looked to me like they may taste like Panera cookies. I tried to make them XL sized, and learned that when using a cookie scoop you should press down in the center once you place on your baking sheet, or you'll get a nice dome shape on the top of your cookie.

Definitely let these cool all the way before you eat. I'm someone who likes undercooked cookies, but I have to warn against doing that with these. Cook for the full time for the best results. And I can guarantee they will be perfect pull-from-freezer cookies. They are chocolatey and a good mix of firm but chewy and soft.

Black and White Chocolate Chippers (via pinterest, from My Recipe Book)
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsps. baking soda
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addiction. Add the salt and vanilla. 

In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet. 

Bake for 10 minutes until fluffy but still soft. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment