Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Classic Waffles

I don't know about you, but one thing that I like to make sure of is that any guests are well fed. Food is a pretty important part of my daily life, so it's one thing I really like to focus on. We had a great dinner last night, and before my dad and Adam went golfing and my mom and I sat down for Casey Anthony's closing arguments, I wanted to make sure that we each had a full tummy. My sister Kelly got me a waffle maker for my bridal shower, so I put it to use for the first time this morning!

To make these patriotic you can use fresh blueberries or sliced strawberries in the batter, or put them on top with some whipped cream. I also used chocolate chips as a mix in.

Classic Waffles (adapted from AllRecipes) - made about 8 waffles
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp White Sugar
2 Eggs
1.5 cup Warm Milk
1/3 cup Butter, Melted
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Mixins such as strawberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, etc.

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Combine all wet ingredients and fold into dry, stirring until well mixed.

If you want different mixins, just separate batter into different bowls and mix in your item.

Cook according to waffle maker instructions. You can freeze any leftovers and re-cook in the toaster oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment