Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Cake Pops for the 4th



Happy 4th of July Weekend! I hope that yours is filled with BBQs, friends, family and lots of sparkles! MY parents and dog are coming into town so I can't wait to see them and hang out for a few days. Adam and I are going to go into the office on Monday, but it should be low key and Ill cook us an American dinner - dont you worry :) Also, fireworks here are canceled because of the lack of rain we have had so we won't be missing out on any of those, unfortunately!

You've seen cake pops everywhere - well, I decided to make them for the weekend. They are a lot harder than I thought!

I baked the cake and tossed it with a tub of icing (boxed red velvet cake and cream cheese icing tub). First off I would have to say that you should not put the edges of the cake into this. It makes hard clumps that will really mess up your balls!

Then I put everything in the fridge to cool and set so I could easily roll it out.

I used a small cookie scoop to portion out the balls and rolled in my palms. Make sure as your hands warm you wash them and cool them off. Also, I would have gone smaller on the size of the balls.

Once balled, I stuck a stick in them. I think the stick should maybe go in as the last step? I am still confused on this.

I popped them in the freezer and then melted the chocolate and once firm, I dipped them in. I couldn't get the chocolate to go all the way to the stick......and so they definitely did not come out as I expected. BUT they are still delicious! I will have to try these again another time and do a little more research on the best way to handle them. Please give me tips if you have successfully made these!!

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment