Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Flank Steak Fajita Seasoning

Over the weekend I planned out a mexican night, because mexican food is defintiely one of Adams favorites! Flank steak was on sale and I was able to get enough for fajitas and to freeze for later. After a quick search on all recipes I got a very high rates 'taco seasoning' which really you could use for just about any mexican dish! I cut up jalapenos, bell pepper, red onion and flank steak and sprinkled them all with about 2 tbs of the seasoning. Cook the veggies first, on medium heat in a covered pan. I added 1 tsp of water close to the end to make a little juice. Then I cooked the steak for about 1 minute per side. You could add this in while cooking rice, enchiladas, burritos or on tacos. It would be good for ground beef on nachos also!

Mexican Seasoning (from all recipes)
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

  • 1 teaspoon sea salt

  • 1 teaspoon black pepper


  • Combine all and store.

    I am in the midst of a terrible ear infection, so my apologies for lack of posts that I forsee this week!

    1 comment: