Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Settling Into the New Year

It's the second week of the new year and I feel like I am still getting into the groove of things. Adam's daughter, mom and sisters came into town this weekend and I must say I am slightly exhausted from it. Not that we did too much, but going to bed late and getting up early when you aren't used to it can really do a number on you! I am super excited to get to Blue Martini this weekend for some drinks and celebrating, and with Erin turning the big 3-0, that is a pretty big event. I plan to wear a black, long sleeve dress and use my new coach sequin clutch (yay!). I could definitely stand to lose some water weight, being around my sisters who either workout all the time and eat healthy or just dont eat hardly at all, I surely look like the pudgy odd girl out.

This week I am pretty excited about my food, and I think that it will keep me full enough to cut out some snacking. Not that I really snack because I'm hungry, but I hope to become better about eating for no real reason.

Breakfast: Plain Oatmeal with chocolate stirred in, Coffee with skim milk, Strawberries and Blueberries
Lunch: Boars Head Chicken with Avocado and Tomato on a plain Bagel Thin, Carrots and FF Ranch
Dinner: Cuban Wrap with Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes & Black Beans
Snack: Green Tea, Welch's Fruit snack
Workouts: Mon&Wed- 35 Minute run, 30 minute Strength Class, Tues- 45 minute run, 10 minute high incline walk, Thurs- Working out in the morning, so probably a 30-40 minute run

This weekend I looked out the window of Adam's house and stared at the pool, asking mother nature to PLEASE let the warm season come so that I can be reunited with the sun and my tan. Every day I long to be on a tropical island vacation that is at least 2 weeks in length and filled with pina coladas, seafood and sand. In a few weeks I will, no doubt, be planning for a spring vacation and counting the days (and calories burned) until it is here.

But first things first: Get into a good pattern of healthy living and tone some muscles for those bikinis! I am motivated even more after gazing at the photos of celebs on their January beach vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment