Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans

Excuse my awful photo
When I saw this recipe come up in my google reader from Beantown Baker, I tagged it under my 'potatoes' folder and kind of forgot about it. When I was looking for some dinner ideas I stumbled upon it again and decided it would be perfect for this week. I made the whole batch on Monday night and now it will last me through Thursday. It was simple, fast and DELICIOUS. When I work out after 9 hours at work and a 45 minute commute home, I am hungry and not in the mood to wait 2 hours to eat. This is easily a go to side dish that requires little effort and time. It would also be a good addition to any BBQ or cook out in the summer months.

I love roasted sweet potatoes, I love cilantro and anything mexican-feeling. This went well with the cuban wrap that I made, and I will definitely pair it with anything from tacos and fajitas to enchiladas. Pop the potatoes in the oven while you get something done around the house, then mix everything together and youre good to go. I think it may just save you on a hectic night.

Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans (From Beantown Baker, originally Epicurious)

2 tbsp olive oil

3 medium Sweet Potatoes
1 large can of Black Beans, rinsed
Juice of 2 Limes
1 tsp Kosher Salt, divided
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup Chopped Cilantro


Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
Toss the diced sweet potatoes with oil and 1/2 tsp of salt and spread evenly on the prepared baking sheets.

Bake about 20 minutes (time will depend on the size of the sweet potato pieces), or until tender. Remove and let cool.

Combine the lime juice, remaining salt, and cayenne together and mix well in a large bowl (big enough to fit all of the potatoes). Add the black beans and sweet potatoes and toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment