Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have had these cookies bookmarked for about a year, from Lauren's Kitchen, although originally adapted from allrecipes by Living Insanity. I am a chewy cookie kind of person, I like them gooey and not fully cooked, but after searching far and wide for a chewy pumpkin cookie I have realized that it does not exist. That's why it took me so long to try these out, but now I am so glad that I did because this is a great recipe. I suggest keeping them in the fridge/freezer because it brings the pumpkin flavor out more when they're cold. I followed the recipe exactly, so I am just c&ping below, and I will definitely be making these again.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. Add milk and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon,pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well; add chips.
Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 365 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 12 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment