Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chicken Stuffed Peppers


This stuffed pepper recipe is one of my favorites, as it has simple ingredients and the only thing that is 'bad' for you is the cheese (and all of the rice if you love it as much as I do!). Adam made these for me over a year ago, and I fell in love with them; I have requested them a few times since then. It is something that I wanted to make completely on my own so it was perfect for my Wednesday night cooking. This is a nice break from peppers with the rice and ground beef inside; it is fresh and flavorful and I promise that you will love them!

I bought the thin chicken cutlets so that I didn't have to pound it out, but for some reason they still took about 15 minutes longer to cook. At 40 minutes I drained and cut them in half, then popped them back in the oven split open to cook through the rest of the way.
Once again I forgot to charge my camera battery, so excuse the pictures on these. AND: Happy 100th post to me :)

Stuffed Peppers
2 large or 4 small Bell Peppers
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Sliced Muenster cheese
Baby spinach
1 Can Chicken broth
Bread Crumbs
S&P

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Cut the tops off of peppers and gut the insides.

Pound chicken and lay flat, salt and pepper both sides. Layer muenster cheese and spinach, however much you want in it. Roll up and stuff in peppers.

Fill the peppers completely with chicken broth. Top with breadcrumbs and carefully put on baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment