Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

Spicy Chicken Fried Rice

One of my favorite things to make is this kung pao chicken. This week I made a huge batch and divided it up into 5 different meals for lunches and dinners. I think that it tastes even better the next day, and since I had bagged the rice and chicken mix together, I thought it would be perfect fried up with an egg. It is definitely hitting the spot and incorporates all of the food that I need for the evening.

Spicy Chicken Fried Rice
Kung Pao Chicken
Brown Rice, chilled
1 Egg
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Red Pepper Flakes
Kosher salt

Place oil in a wok or skillet and place over high heat until warmed. Add the rice/chicken mix and cook for 3 minutes.

Move all of the food to one side of the wok/skillet and add a little cooking spray to the open space. Crack the egg and scramble, incorporating with the other food once it begins to form.

Add red pepper flakes and salt. Toss for a minute. Remove from heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment