Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet Potato Wedges

A little over a year ago Adam introduced me to something that would seriously change my life: roasted sweet potato wedges. I wasn't a big SP person before, and once I took my first bite I was hooked. I'm sure he regretted it, because everytime he asked what we were making for dinner/snack/lunch I offered up the suggestion of 'SWEET POTATO WEDGES!!' I made minor changes, to make them my 'own,' but they are pretty basic. I can literally eat a whole bowl of these by myself. In fact, I made them 3 times over the weekend!

Sweet Potato Wedges
Large Sweet Potaotoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher Salt
Ground Black Pepper
Dried Oregano

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Cut Potatoes in half, and keep halving until you have wedges that are about half an inch thick on the bottom. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with Olive Oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Flip potatoes to the other side, using a spatula, and repeat.

Baking time will depend on how many potatoes you have. When I do a whole baking sheet, I usually bake for 20 minutes, flip potatoes, and bake for 20 more. The potatoes will brown on the bottom when it is time to be flipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment