Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Clam Chowder

We are in the midst of Thanksgiving leftover, and while I am still enjoying and looking forward to them, you need something else to break up the continuous stuffing/turkey combo. Adam woke up yesterday wanting Clam Chowder, which sounded good to me! Hey, while we were on a non healthy binge why not throw in some cream based soup? I have no clue where he found this recipe online, because he has yet to send me the link to it. It was really good and cooked in no time. I took down this picture as I dont think it was very appealing.....clam chowder is not the most photogenic thing!

Clam Chowder (adapted from about.com)
26 oz (about 4 cans) chopped Clams (found by the tuna, I would use 5 one next time)
1 Sweet Onion, chopped
6 medium russet potatoes
1/2 lb Bacon, chopped
4 cup Half & Half
3 cup Water (next time I will reduce this to 2 cups and add all of the juice from the clams)
3 tbsp Cornstarch
1 1/3tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

In a large skillet, saute onion and bacon with salt until cooked through. While this is cooking, peel and dice potatoes and place in crock pot. (I suggest boiling for a few minutes before putting into the crockpot.)Put clams, water and pepper in the crock pot as well, followed by the onion and bacon when done cooking.

Place on high for 2 hours. Add half&half and cornstarch and continue cooking for another hour. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment