Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fish Tacos

, I decided to try fish tacos last night for the first time. I had found this great mango-lime seafood seasoning that I wanted to try out and wanted to make something pretty healthy. Since I don't have a grill pan (it's on my list of things to get) and I didn't want to fire up the big grill, I just cooked on the stove in a skillet. I probably would grill it next time, but it turned out moist and flavorful and now I have some yummy leftovers for lunch! I paired with a mexican salad.

Fish Tacos
1.5 lbs Tilapia
2 tbsp Weber Lime-Mango Seafood Seasoning
2 Limes, juice
4 Soft Tortilla Shells (I used whole wheat, 75 calories wraps)
4 Green Onions, chopped
Salsa, Sourcream (I used nonfat), Avacado, Lettuce for filling tacos

Marinate Tilapia in seasoning and lime juice for about 30 minutes, in a ziplock bag. Cook until done throughout center (grill, stove, whichever you prefer). Spread 1 tbsp sourcream on shell and add lettuce. Layer on tilapia and top with green onion. Add any other condiments you'd like.

For the Salad, mix bell pepper, red onion, black beans, avacado, corn and romaine. Top with sourcream and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment