Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Salad with Red Wine Vinegarette

I feel like I make the same salad over and over, and while it's good, it also gets old. I wanted to kick off fall and the cooler weather with a fall themed salad. It was also my first time making a vinegarette and it came out really good, I cant wait to make it again! I can't remember where I got the inspiration for this specific dessing recipe, but I tailored it a bit and it still worked out.

Fall Salad
Romaine, chopped
1/2 Red Onion
3 Green Onions, chopped
1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1.5 Asian Pears, sliced
Homemade Red Wine Vinegarette

Combine all dry ingredients and add dressing. Toss to combine.

Red Wine Vinegarette
2 tbs Olive Oil
2 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
1/8 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Basil
Pinch Red Pepper

Combine in a sealed container and shake until mixed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment