Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chicken Salad

I've been sick this week so I haven't been in too much of a cooking mood. Last night I stopped by Publix and picked up a precooked whole chicken, box of mac n cheese and some veggies. The most I did was cut the veggies and stick them in the oven to roast, pour macaroini into boiling water and add cheese. The chicken was good, but of course too much for just 2 people to eat. I think that I am becoming pretty resourceful these days with food. Instead of sticking it in the fridge, where it would probably just sit until it went bad, I decided to make Chicken Salad, which I knew at least I would eat. I added Durkee's this time, which I haven't done before. If you haven't had it, it's basically a mayo/mustardy mix that they sell by Mayo at the store. We discovered it through a family friend who used it in his pasta salads. It adds a nice flavor to any kind of salad and I just sub it for part of the mayo needed.

Chicken Salad
Chicken, either leftover or boiled and forked apart
Light Mayo, to taste
Durkees, to taste - make sure to use less Durkees than mayo
Celery
S&P

Mix until Combined and Fridge until Cool. I usually would add halved grapes, but I couldn't find any at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment