Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza

Last week on the WC board, there was talk of buffalo chicken pizza. The second that I read about it, I wanted it! My favorite is Mellow Mushroom's b.c.p. with the spicy ranch sauce to add an extra kick, so I decided to make my own. I attempted to make this as healthy as it could be, and for pizza I think we did a pretty good job at that.

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
For Ranch Base:
2/3 Bottle Fat Free Ranch Dressing
1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1 tsp hot sauce
Combine all and set aside.

For Pizza:
1 package dough
1 (12 oz) package part skim mozzerella, shredded
1 lb Chicken breasts (cut into strips)
Buffalo Sauce
1/2 White Onion

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Let dough rise. While dough is rising, add onion and chicken to a skillet on medium/high heat. Cook until onion is soft and chicken is heated through and no longer pink.

Roll out the dough and place on pizza pan. Add ranch base to the dough, evenly covering. Add 1/3 of the cheese, followed by onion and chicken. Drizzle Buffalo sauce on the top of the pizza, and then top with remaining cheese.

Bake for about 35 minutes, turning temperature to 375 half way through to brown the edges and melt the cheese in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment