Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Asparagus Chicken Spaghetti

Last week I had made roasted asparagus somewhere in the mix of dinners, and I found myself with half of the bundle left. I also had an open jar of sauce from the Turkey Parm Burgers. There was boxes and boxes of spaghetti to use and then I also remembered that there was some REALLY good chicken sausage in the freezer. I've finally discovered the awesomeness that is freezing food. My mom froze everything and people would think it was crazy, but that leftover Publix burger bun that I had froze was transformed into 2 slices of garlic bread to go with this spaghetti dinner. It was great to have! I have also just recently come to love asparagus, so I've been trying to use it as often as I can without overdoing it.

Asparagus Chicken Spaghetti
1/2 box Ronzoni Smart Taste Spaghetti
1/2 bundle Asparagus (cut into small pieces)
2 links Chicken Sausage (I used Tomato, Basil & Mozzerella)
1/4 Red Onion, chopped
1 jar Pasta Sauce (I used roasted Tomato and Garlic)
1/2 cup reduced fat Mozzerella, shredded
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1tsp red pepper flakes
Cook Pasta in boiling water. In the meantime, put chicken sausage in another pot of boiling water and cook until warm throughout. On medium heat, spray skillet with cooking spray and place asparagus and onion in, top with red pepper flakes, onion powder and garlic salt. Cook about 10 minutes, until tender.
Drain pasta. Put chicken sausage, asparagus and onion into a saucepan and pour spaghetti sauce on top. Mix so that everything is combined, then top with mozzerella. Put lid on the pot and cook about 5 minutes on medium/high, or until heated through. Plate pasta and top with sauce mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment