Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yesterday

Throughout the weeklong birthday celebrating I had lost my way with food and my exercise. This picture pretty much sums it up. Ah, beer and brownies, that's a pretty fun way to live!

I think that birthdays and Holidays give you some room to relax and enjoy those yummy things life has to offer, and since my birthday lasted for so long it backed up to Labor Day as well. I did manage to hit the gym that weekend, but it was a far cry from what my body needed. See, I used to be very dedicated to my workouts. I ran my first 5K in April!

I was in the best shape that I probably have ever been. I worked out often and put a lot of effort into it. Then came summer, the pool, vacations, all the things that make you just want a drink and food. I have managed to hit the gym 3-4 times a week still, but not all of my workouts have been the best. That brings me to yesterday. Yesterday I regained control! I am runninga 5 mile race at the end of October. I have actually not run 5 miles straight, I have made it to 4 on the treadmill. I am planning on really fixing my nighttime eating. Dinner seems to be hard for me, I eat really well at work and then come home and eat whatever the heck I want! Not anymore, I need to find the motivation to keep it all healthy. Monday I start running outside with Erin. Erin does not take any crap and she will not let you quit. When I feel like stopping she always reminds me that I can keep going (although lets be real, its not in the nice way its in the way thats like 'hey, youre a whimp if you can't even do this,' but thats what works for me).If I need to eat right and kick it up a notch at the gym to stay with her and make my way to 5 miles outside then I will do it. I am lucky to have someone experienced that is willing to help me out to reach my goal. I am the type of person who needs to be pushed, and she can do that! So, I have a week to get ready for our first run......let the preparations begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment