Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Since I am making healthy dinners every night instead of winging it, and inevitably eating out or eating something full of fat, I have been trying to think of a lot of great ideas. It is kind of hard when youre working with a few different kinds of protein and you need to constantly twist it into something new; however, last night I nailed a new ground turkey recipe. I decided to do stuffed turkey burgers/sliders. nothing fancy or all that creative, but it was excellent nonetheless.

Stuffed Turkey Burgers
4 Whole Wheat Buns (I bought Martins Whole Wheat Sliders at 100 calories per bun)
1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
4 tsp reduced fat mozzerella
4 tbsp low fat cream cheese
1/4 cup chopped spinach
1 tsp Pepper

Mix turkey meat with garlic powder and pepper, mold it into patties and then split them open in the middle.
Put 1 tsp rf mozzerella, 1 tbs low fat creamcheese and chopped spinach into each center. Close the patty re-form to hold everything in. Spray a pan pan with cooking spray and place over medium/high heat. Put patties in for about 4 minutes on each side, or until done. It didn't take very long for mine.
I also roasted some sweet potatoes and veggies for the side. I got a thumbs up on it and cant wait to eat my second one for lunch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment