Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers


I am trying a lot of new meals and I like the twist on this. Who needs bread to enjoy a cheese steak?? Sometimes its nice to cut out one carb and make room for another which is what I did, I added a side of sweet potato fries to round out our meal.

The only change that I would make to this is I would throw the halved peppers into the oven for 10 minutes before stuffing and baking. They were just too crisp for me, they really should be soft and cooked for this meal to be perfect. I reflcted this change below.

Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers (from Peace Love and Low Carb)
8 oz sliced deli roast beef
4 slices provolone
2 large green bell peppers
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
1 tbs garlic
salt
pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Slice peppers in half and remove seeds. Cook in oven for about 10 minutes.

Heat butter, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, onion and mushrooms on medium low heat unil onions caramelize, about 25-30 minutes.

Slice beef into strips and add to onion mixture. Stir until meat is heated through.

Add half a slice of provolone to the bottom of each pepper. Stuff with meat mixture, sprinkle with salt and top with another half slice of provolone. Repeat for all peppers.

Bake for 25-30 Minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment