Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

28 Weeks


Oh goodness, the lower back pain that I have begun to experience is just awful. The hip pain that I go through at night when attempting to sleep is frustrating. And the burning sensation in my boobs when I exercise is unbearable. Looks like I'm in the 3rd trimester! Baby girl is moving like a crazy person - she has a pretty set schedule as far as day and night go and I feel her a ton throughout the day. She is ready for her momma to wake up at about 6:30am and is awake at 9pm like clockwork. Some nights she stays up really late and others she is calm by 10 or 10:30. I've had a couple quick braxton hicks contractions, just tightening that is noticeably different. Anyway, she is about 2.25 pounds now and I can definitely feel that my stomach is being stretched!

Weight Gain: 18 pounds

Exercise: Same as last update - although I am currently in Orlando so really just doing some walking this week. I will pick it back up next Monday when I am back at home.

Cravings: Sweets!!! Someone HELP ME! I only think of sweet foods - cake, cookies, donuts, ice cream, chocolate, etc. Also breakfast foods - banana bread, blueberry muffins, thick cut french toast and fluffy pancakes. I have stocked the house with fruit, hummus and veggies to TRY to not eat so much sugar but it is not helping me out. Adam also has a love of froyo so we go about once a week and the baby does a serious happy dance after I eat it :)

Aversions: I dont want to get take out pizza or go to a mexican restaurant (unless its like Chipotle or Tijuana Flats)

Prepping for Baby: Baby shower - check! Will do a full post later on - it was so nice to be able to see all of my friends and spend some time together, I really do miss everyone so much now that I have moved away.

I have picked out her coming home outfits already (I am bringing 2 sized outfits just in case....) and received my nursing cami tops in the mail, so my coming home outfit is also complete. We picked out the paint for the room and Adam taped it all off. I will be picking up our Ikea Expedit this week also.

Only 12 weeks to go....I am so anxious! In May I will start washing all of the diapers, blankets, etc and setting up the pack and play, bouncer downstairs and all of the other things that need to be in place (Im thinking diapers, burp cloths, receiving blankets, other blankets need to go downstairs by the pack and play and the bassinet)

I have a scheduled 4D ultrasound for Friday which I am really excited for - I can't wait to see her features and watch her in there! That afternoon my sisters and I are off to Tampa to meet up with Adam for a 'babymoon' - I use the term loosley since my sisters will all be there - I can't wait to get my toes in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment