Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cupcakes!

Sunday morning when I woke up I was really in the mood to bake - but knowing that I would just eat it all made me avoid it. By 6pm Adam was asking if I had decided to bake something up that evening. I asked what he would help me devour and we settled on cupcakes. I tried to take the easy way out and use a box, but he prefers from scratch so into the kitchen I went. About an hour and a half later I came out and had prepared an extensive amount of chocolate cupcakes, large and small, which are now neslted in our freezer for Easter, St Paddys Day and just any ole time!

I used my usual Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake and Magnolia's Vanilla Buttercream Icing - both found in this post. I halved the icing recipe because I made one mini cupcake pan with chopped samoas, thin mints and peanut butter (all separate of course) in the cake and will want to do a chocolate buttercream on top when it comes time to eat those.



This afternoon I'm whipping up another sweet treat that I'm excited about. Sweets all around, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment