Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Flank Steak Sandwiches




I love red meat but it isn't something that I cook often since I don't really consider myself a grill master, or even a grill amateur. I leave that to Adam! So when I make flank steak it is in the form of chinese, and in this case steak sandwiches. We both love salty foods so cheesesteaks would be good with this meat also, but to make a more summer inspired meal, go with this recipe. I had the idea from a restaurant at Cocoa Beach. They use filet but the flank works perfectly also. You may want to cut it into smaller pieces once cooked and make sure to not overcook the meat because it will become too tough. This is also a good way to use frozen meat or bread, which is how this came about for us.


Flank Steak Sandwiches
2 Hoagie Rolls
1/2 lb or so Flank steak, sliced thin (I used about 6 strips per sandwich)
1 tomato, chopped
1/4 Red Onion, chopped
1/4 can Black Beans, drained
S&P
2 tbsp Light Mayo
1 tbsp Butter, softened
Lettuce

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a grill pan on medium high heat.

Slice rolls and spread butter on the insides. Place them into their own foil packs and place in oven.

Sprinkle S&P onto steak and place on grill pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side.

Combine onion, tomato and beans. Add S&P and toss.

Once meat is cooked, remove rolls from oven. Spread mayo on insides and place a couple spoonfuls of tomato mixture on the bottom. Place steak on top and add the rest of the tomato mix. Add lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment