Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Watermelon Popsicles


Hello, Friends! I am happy to say that I am finally completely moved into the Gainesville house. My family was generous enough to offer their moving services and we packed up/moved friday and saturday. We opened wedding presents Friday night and I was so delighted when we came up on this: the Zoku Popsicle maker!! It freezes popsicles instantly and has super fun sticks to go with it. I am going to buy a popsicle book when things settle down, but for now I pulled this recipe from Country Living. You can definitely make them in paper cups, ice cube trays or whatever else you have lying around. And please be careful when slicing your melon, I almost had a finger sliced off while in the process!

Happy Summer!

Watermelon Popsicles (from Country Living)

3 Cups Fresh Watermelon, cubed
1/2 Cip superfine Sugar
3 Tbsp Light Corn Syrup
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Cups Vanilla Yogurt
Banana Slices (optional)


Place watermelon, corn syrup, lemon juice and sugar in a blender. Puree until smooth.

Add yogurt and blend again.

Add Banana Slices to the mold you are using and then pour in the watermelon mix.

For the Zoku, place in freezer as directed and make 3 batches. For any other mold, freeze for at least 4 hours or until completely firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment