Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Wontons

I have been wanting to make pumpkin wontons ever since I saw this recipe on Big Head in the Kitchen, so a party was the ideal time to try them out because I knew that there would be other pumpkin lovers there. When I got the ingredients I didn't look at the recipe, because I actually had an idea in my head of what they would be and then when I looked at the recipe I realized that I really wasn't even making that. I made a pumpkin cream cheese, which would actually be really good on bagel or with bagel chips, apple slices, etc.

I went ahead and put this mix into wonton wrappers and baked. They were a big hit among everyone who likes pumpkin, which I enjoyed since usually I am the only one who will eat this sort of thing. Since I put these in the oven mid-party, I wasn't able to snap a photo and they were all gone within 30 minutes so there were no leftovers either.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Wontons
14 Square Wonton Wrappers
4oz reduced fat Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 c Pumpkin Puree
1 tsp Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees,

Combine items 2-6 in a bowl and mix until smooth. Add about 1 tsp of mixture to the center of the wonton, then wet all edges of the wrapper and fold one side over, pressing sides to seal.

Spray each wonton with cooking spray on both sides,  cook for 15 minutes, flip and cook 4 minutes more. Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment