Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Roasted Vegetables

My favorite way to cook up veggies lately has been to roast them. I love the flavor and get the needed amount of oil into my diet. Roasting brings out such a nice, sweet flavor and reminds me of fall. I have never enjoyed veggies as much, since steaming is so plain and sauteeing always involves tons of garlic. Dont get me wrong, I love garlic but I find roasting to be so much better.

Roasted Vegetables
Your choice of veggie, I use 1/2 Stalk Asparagus, 2 Cup Raw Broccoli, 5 Carrots sliced fairly thick
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbs Oregano, chopped (you can use fresh but I use dry)
1 tbsp Salt, kosher
1 tbsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cut asparagus ends off and toss. Cut pieces in half. Slice carrots and cut up broccoli into florets. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tbs olive oil, 1 tbsp oregano, 1/2 tbsp salt and 1/2 tbsp pepper. Toss and flip to the other side. Add the remaining olive oile, oregano, salt and pepper.

Place in oven for 20 minutes, tossing half way through.

1 comment:

  1. This side dish goes well with any meal. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete